Southern Company Scholarship
Each year the Southern Company offers two challenge tuition scholarships that cover 50% of the tuition for a Fellow who meets the eligibility criteria.
Essentially, to be eligible for the Southern Company Scholarship, an accepted NCLI Fellow must meet the following three requirements:
- Professional work is within non-governmental, tribal, state or federal natural resource conservation organizations;
- Work occurs in the Southeastern U.S., particularly within the Southern Company service area that includes Alabama, Georgia, southeast Mississippi, and the Florida Panhandle;
- Work that focuses on any of the following three areas: (1) bird and habitat conservation, (2) longleaf pine restoration, (3) wetland, riparian, or coastal restoration efforts, particularly those efforts that involve or promote diverse partnerships.
How to Apply:
- Compose a short letter expressing your interest in the scholarship and what your work focuses on in regards to the eligibility criteria: (1) bird and habitat conservation, (2) longleaf pine restoration, (3) wetland, riparian, or coastal restoration efforts, particularly those efforts that involve or promote diverse partnerships.
- Submit your letter of interest to the NCLI by email at email@example.com within three weeks of notification of acceptance into the program.
While not required, it is customary for scholarship recipients to write thank you letters to the Southern Company after completing the NCLI, sharing some of how they believe they have benefited from the experience